I love gnocchi! But I do not love the bloated feeling I get after eating it! So I decided to make a healthy version with quinoa instead! And it turned out being super delicious!
1 large baked and smashed sweet potato
3/4 cup of quinoa flour (I just blended quinoa in a blender until it became like a powder.)
1 large egg
1 tsp fresh chopped basil
1 tsp fresh chopped
Dash of sea salt
- Make sure your sweet potato is completely cooled. Then in a large bowl mix together all the ingredients until they form a dough ball.
- Lay down on parchment paper and cut into 4 equal parts.
- Roll on part of the dough out into a long log.
- Cut log into quarter inch pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small ball.
- Press down ball with a fork to achieve lines.
- Once all gnocchi dough has been formed bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop gnocchi into boiling water.
- Remove gnocchi with a straining spoon once it floats to the top.
- Eat with your favorite sauce!