I was recently giving some habanero peppers as a gift! I thought it was be the prefect opportunity to try to make hot sauce for the first time! It’s crazy I’ve never attempted to make it before considering how much I love spicy food! This is so delicious and easy! I don’t think I’ll ever buy hot sauce again!
Word of caution! Wear gloves when chopping the peppers! I learned the hard way about pepper hands! My finger tips were on fire!
1 chopped onion
3 chopped cloves of garlic
1 cup chopped carrot
2 cups of water
13 habanero, seeded and fine chopped (more or less based on the heat level)
2 fresh squeezed limes
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons of sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 cup mango
1 cup papaya
4 tablespoons dried parsley
* In a medium sauce pan heat olive oil and sauté garlic.
* Once the garlic starts to give off it’s aroma, add the onion, carrots, and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft.
* Remove from heat .
* Add habaneros, mango, papaya, lime juice, pepper and salt to the carrot mixture.
* Place in a blender or use a hand blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.
* Pour into sterilized bottles or jars and seal. Keep refrigerated.