I wanted to make a simple and cute desert for Labor Day. These mini pies were perfect! Fast and delicious they were a hit at the BBQ I attended!
All you need is a cupcake pan, pie crusts, and fresh or frozen berries!
2 (2 pack) pie crusts
4 cups of mixed berries
2 tbs butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cupcake tins with cooking spray or soften butter.
- In a medium saucepan combine berries, butter, water, and brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir occasionally for 20 minutes.
- While berries cook roll out a pie crust on a flowered countertop. I used a biscuit cutter to cut out my crusts but any large round lid or cutter will work. Cut out 12 crust and press them into the cupcake tin and poke holes with a fork in the bottom of the crusts.
- Remove berries from heat and add in cornstarch. Mix well and allow to cool.
- Once mixture is cooled fill crusts 3/4 of the way with mixture.
- To make my pie tops I used the lid of a mason jar. It happened to be as wide as my cupcake tin so it was perfect! Cut out pie tops and make for slits with a knife in the center.
- Place tops on each pie and press around the edges with a fork.
- Scramble an egg and use a brush to paint the top of each pie.
- Place pies in oven and allow to bake 30-35 minutes until the crusts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Go around the edges of the pies with a knife and gently lift them out of the tin.
- Serve immediately or wrap up and store in the refrigerator.